Zoomers Triathlon Series 2020
Race Series Points will be awarded as follows:
10 pts Overall Male and Female
6 pts Master Male and Female (age 40+)
6 pts Grand Master Male and Female (age 50+)
6 pts Sr. Grand Master Male and Female (age 60+)
6 pts Veterans Male and Female (age 70+)
6 pts 1st Place in age group Male and Female
4 pts 2nd Place in age group Male and Female
3 pts 3rd Place in age group Male and Female
2 pts completing the Race
* All races will be considered as part of the race series; however, only your best 6 races will be scored (2 races must be run as a minimum).
You must OPT IN to be eligible to earn points for the 2019 Race Series. You can sign up anytime of the year. Once enrolled, you start earning points. If you don’t sign up then you don’t get any points. To OPT IN, please scroll down and fill in form. Points are NOT retroactive; you will start accumulating points from the time you OPT IN. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Please print and retain the confirmation letter that you receive after opting in. This email confirmation serves as your proof that you opted in to the 2019 race series.
* Whatever Age you are on December 31, 2019, you will be placed in the appropriate age group and you will remain there throughout the Entire race series. This only applies to the Zoomers Race Series Scores.
* Points are cumulative throughout the year.
* Only paid and active adult members of Zoomers, over 20 yrs of age, will be awarded points. When your membership expires, you will be removed the 1st of the following month unless you have renewed. (Example: Membership expires June 10. If you do not renew by June 30, you will be removed from the series on July 1.) You will not receive points for the period of expired membership. (Example: Do not renew by June 30 and do the Englewood Tri on July 10 – You will not receive points bc your membership is not in good standing).
* Scores are decided by the Race Director and Timing Company for each race. Zoomers is NOT responsible for race results. Scores will reflect as published for each race. In order to receive credit for volunteering, race series participants are responsible for signing-in on the volunteer sign-in sheet
* All distances count whether it is Sprint or International.
- Also, Duathlons or other multi-sport events in that race count.(i.e. Aqua bike) in their own category. There will be a separate winner for Duathlons and any other multi sport.
* Racing series point totals will be posted on the Zoomer’s website after each race. Mistakes happen, so it is the responsibility of each Race Series participant to check their points and report any discrepancies.
If there is a tie, both winners will receive the same award.
Awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Banquet.
If you need anything during the season, the Race Series Committee is here to help you…
Pat Vasquez Dave Pierce
|01/05/20||Hits Sarasota Triathlon||Sarasota|
|03/17/20-04/07/20||Coronvirus Pandemic Tri and Du||Virtual|
|07/11/20||Ft. Desoto Tri Sprint/International and Duathlon||Ft. Desot|
|08/15/20||Ft. Desoto Tri Sprint/International and Duathlon||Ft. Desoto|
|9/12/20||Ft. Desoto Tri Sprint/International and Duathlon||Ft. Desot|
|11/17/20||City Island Tri||Sarasota|
* Volunteer at least (1) of the following Zoomers Volunteer Opportunities: (List Subject to Change as Opportunities Arise):
Zoomers Multi Sport Clinic
Zoomers Anniversary Run
Myakka River 5k & Half – Water Stop
Summer Kids Fun Runs
Trick or Trot 5k
Zoomers Turkey Raffle Run