Galloway Captiva Triathlon
September 10 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Based at the beautiful South Seas Island Resort, the Galloway Captiva Triathlon on Sunday, Sept. 10, is a sprint-length event:
- Swim 1/4 mile (440 yards) in the Gulf of Mexico just offshore from the northern end of the resort.
- Bike 10 miles along the paved island roads of Captiva (which will be closed during the bike portion).
- Run 5K along the Gulf, Redfish Pass and the South Seas golf course on a combination hard-sand and paver course.
In addition, we will offer a Kids Triathlon on Saturday, Sept. 9, with two age groups:
- Ages 6-8: 100 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, 0.5 mile run
- Ages 9-10: 100 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, 0.5 mile run
- Ages 11-13: 200 yard swim, 3 mile bike, 1 mile run